Ready to be Wowed? Top 10 Finalist Couples Show Serious Style in 13th Annual Duck® brand Stuck at Prom® Scholarship ContestCast your vote now to select Grand Prize, Second and Third Place Winners
AVON, Ohio (June 13, 2013) – From the first design sketch to the big prom night reveal, students across the United States and Canada have been busy creating their 2013 prom masterpieces with Duck Tape®. They've wowed folks already, including "Project Runway" Season 11 winner Michelle Lesniak Franklin – and now it's the public's turn!
Duck® brand announces its 2013 Top 10 finalists in the 13th annual Stuck at Prom® Scholarship Contest, which challenges high school students to create original prom looks with Duck Tape® for a chance to win $5,000 each in college scholarship money. A panel of judges picked these 10 fashion-forward couples as the best among 295 entrants for their workmanship, originality, use of colors, accessories and use of Duck Tape®. Lending to the panel's style cred, "Project Runway" Season 11 winner Michelle Lesniak Franklin served as Stuck at Prom® celebrity judge!
The judges had their turn, and now it's time for the public to cast its votes to pick the Grand Prize, Second and Third Place winners. Online voting starts June 13 at noon at StuckAtProm.com and ends July 8, 2013. Online voting is limited to one vote per valid email address per day.
The Top 10 Couples are:
- Couple 1: Josh Flader, 17, and Liz Gazca, 17, of Gilbert, Ariz.; attended prom at Gilbert Classical Academy, Entry #1010
- Couple 2: Rebecca Mainger, 18, of Westlake, Ohio, and Erich Igel, 17, of Avon Lake, Ohio; attended prom at Magnificat High School, Entry #948
- Couple 3: Kristen Calfee, 16, of Marrero, La., and Cody Hunter, 17, of Terrytown, La.; attended prom at Thomas Jefferson High School, Entry #358
- Couple 4: Callie Brown, 17, and Avery Brown, 15, of Phoenix, Ariz; attended prom at Chaparral High School, Entry #643
- Couple 5: Caden Kluge, 18, and Ashton Woolen, 20, of Woodstock, Ga.; attended prom at Sequoyah High School, Entry #902
- Couple 6: Valerie Harvengt, 17, of Lake Saint Louis, Mo., and Michael Maasen, 17, of Dardenne Prairie, Mo.; attended prom at Saint Charles Christian Home Educators, Entry #734
- Couple 7: Ashley Whaley, 16, and Ian Halfey, 17, of Lexington, Ky.; attended prom at Tates Creek Senior High School, Entry #1020
- Couple 8: Haley Ferguson, 18, of Ridgeway, Va., and Autumn Crowe, 16, of Bassett, Va.; attended prom at Bassett High School, Entry #342
- Couple 9: Grace McFarland, 18, and Colin O'Mara, 18, of Little Rock, Ark.; attended prom at Mount St. Mary Academy, Entry #550
- Couple 10: Breton Lalama, 18, of Fenwick, Ontario, and Adam Hughes, 17, of Welland, Ontario; attended prom at Notre Dame College School, Entry #840
The Grand Prize, Second and Third Place winners, as well as the judges' six Honorable Mention picks for best accessories and new Singles Category winner, will be announced on or about July 11, 2013.
Duck® brand is awarding more than $40,000 in prizes this year. The Grand Prize winners, as well as the school that hosted the prom they attended, will each receive a $5,000 scholarship. The Second Place award is $3,000 for each member of the couple and for the school that hosted the prom. Both participants in Third Place, and the school that hosted the prom, will receive $2,000. The remaining seven couples in the Top 10 will each receive a $500 scholarship, as well as $500 for the school that hosted the prom. In addition, the Singles Category winner and all six Honorable Mention winning entrants will receive a Duck Tape® Prize Pack.
Go to StuckAtProm.com to vote for the Grand Prize, Second and Third Place winners, and to see the entire Stuck at Prom® official entries gallery for even more fashion inspiration. And don't forget to check out StuckAtProm.com next month to find out who will be crowned the 2013 Stuck at Prom® Scholarship Contest Grand Prize winners.
To see the latest duct tape creations, or share your masterpiece, visit DuckBrand.com.
Duck Tape® is marketed by ShurTech Brands, LLC, and the Duck® brand, which offers an array of tapes, packaging supplies and home products that provide simple, imaginative and helpful solutions for a variety of tasks around the home, school and office. Visit DuckBrand.com for additional product information. And, keep up-to-date on Duck® brand news by joining our more than five million fans on Facebook® (facebook.com/ducktape), following us on Twitter® (@theduckbrand), following our boards on Pinterest® (pinterest.com/theduckbrand) or watching us on YouTube® (youtube.com/theduckbrand).