Top 10 Couples Dazzle in Duck Tape® Designs in 14th Annual Duck® brand Stuck at Prom® Scholarship ContestPublic online voting for Grand Prize, Second and Third Place winners is now open
AVON, Ohio (June 11, 2014) – The hours of planning, the perfect date, the nonstop photos and of course the fashion – prom night is just as exciting as an awards show red carpet! And what better way to make a bold prom style statement than rocking a Duck Tape® outfit? High school students across the U.S. and Canada dedicated countless hours – and hundreds of rolls of Duck Tape®– creating unforgettable DIY prom wear, and now it’s the public’s turn to weigh in on the best Duck Tape® designs!
Today, Duck® brand announces its 2014 Top 10 finalist couples in the 14th annual Stuck at Prom® Scholarship Contest, which challenged high school students to create one-of-a-kind prom attire with Duck Tape® for a chance to win their share of $50,000 in college scholarship prizes. A panel of judges – including celebrity judge, "Project Runway" Season 11 winner and Duck Tape® enthusiast Michelle Lesniak – selected these 10 stylish couples as the best among more than 150 entrants! The judges evaluated each couple on their outfits’ workmanship, originality, use of colors, accessories and use of Duck Tape®. With Lesniak providing additional fashion “promspiration” on StuckAtProm.com this year, the entries were sure to be showstoppers – and the outfits did not disappoint!
Now that the judges have narrowed it down to the Top 10 finalists, the job of selecting the Grand Prize, Second and Third Place winners is in the public’s hands. Online voting is now open on StuckAtProm.com and ends July 8, 2014. Voting is limited to one vote per valid email address per day.
The Top 10 Couples are:
- Couple 1: Kechantra Ward, 17, and Jeffery Patton, 16, of Senatobia, Miss.; attended prom at Senatobia High School, Entry #279
- Couple 2: Gabrielle Farina, 19, of Pinckney, Mich., and Ryan Danko, 18, of Lakeland, Mich.; attended prom at Pinckney Community High School, Entry #443
- Couple 3: Chloey Guy, 17, and Aaron Streacker, 16, of Navarre, Fla.; attended prom at Navarre High School, Entry #499
- Couple 4: Ryley Woodland, 17, and Moss Bruton Joe, 17, of Victoria, British Columbia; attended prom at Mount Douglas Secondary School, Entry #503
- Couple 5: Ronnita Whipple, 19, and Joseph Kovac, 17, of Macon, Ga.; attended prom at Central High School, Entry #505
- Couple 6: Madeline Harris, 17, of Pendleton, Ind., and Aaron Porter, 18, of Markleville, Ind.; attended prom at Pendleton Heights High School, Entry #537
- Couple 7: Kathryn Dobbs, 20, and Nathanial Dobbs, 18, of Perrysburg, Ohio; attended prom at Perrysburg High School, Entry #547
- Couple 8: Elizabeth Zadnik, 18, of Woodbridge, Va., and Tim Jackson, 18, of Manassas, Va.; attended prom at Seton School, Entry #557
- Couple 9: Alese Owens, 17, and Victoria Sparacino, 17, of Hanover, Pa.; attended prom at South Western High School, Entry #563
- Couple 10: Miranda Lennert, 18, of Santa Ana, Calif., and Jeremy Flores, 18, of Fountain Valley, Calif.; attended prom at Fountain Valley High School, Entry #583
The Grand Prize, Second and Third place winners, as well as the judges’ six Honorable Mention picks for best accessories and the Singles Category winner, will be announced on or about July 16, 2014.
This year, Duck® brand raised the stakes with more than $50,000 in scholarships up for grabs. The Grand Prize winners will each receive a $10,000 scholarship; $5,000 will be awarded to the school that hosted the prom they attended. The second place award is $5,000 for each of the students and $3,000 for the school that hosted the prom and both the students in third place will receive $3,000, with $2,000 going to the school that hosted the prom. The remaining seven couples in the judge-selected Top 10 will each receive a $500 scholarship, as well as $500 for the school that hosted the prom. The “Singles Category” winner also will receive $500, and winners in the six “Honorable Mention” categories will receive a Duck Tape® prize pack.
Visit StuckAtProm.com now to vote for the Grand Prize, Second and Third Place winners, and to see the entire 2014 Stuck at Prom® gallery for even more fashion inspiration. And, don't forget to check out StuckAtProm.com on July 16th to see who will be voted the 2014 Stuck at Prom® Scholarship Contest Grand Prize winners.
For more information about Duck Tape® and to get inspired with craft ideas and instructions, visit DuckBrand.com.
Duck Tape® is marketed by ShurTech Brands, LLC, and the Duck® brand, which offers an array of tapes, packaging supplies and home products that provide simple, imaginative and helpful solutions for a variety of tasks around the home, school and office. Visit DuckBrand.com for additional product information. And, keep up-to-date on Duck® brand news by joining our more than 5.8 million fans on Facebook® (facebook.com/ducktape), following us on Twitter® (@theduckbrand), following our boards on Pinterest® (pinterest.com/theduckbrand) or watching us on YouTube® (youtube.com/theduckbrand).