Carving pumpkins can be messy and dangerous. Here are 10 easy and safer ways to decorate a pumpkin this Halloween that’s perfect for the whole family.
1. Use color duct tape to draw a friendly or spooky skeleton on a white pumpkin.
2. Cut out a circle and a witch silhouette on the front of a plastic or real pumpkin.
3. Or, create a spooky Halloween scene.
4. Use strips of white duct tape to make a simple mummy.
5. Ducklings are perfect for younger kids to use and decorate, like making simple, colorful stripes.
6. Go with a classic jack-o-lantern look.
7. Like it more simple? Cover a pumpkin with a solid color and add googly eyes. You can also make a teal pumpkin for those allergy-free trick or treaters.
8. Metallic duct tape can create a more modern design for your pumpkin. Add confetti to a white pumpkin or a gold and white pattern to a plastic pumpkin to use year after year.
9. Decorate your porch or front steps with unique plastic pumpkins that won’t rot or attract unwanted guests.
10. Add wings to a smaller pumpkin to make a glow-in-the-dark bat.