For this project you’ll need: a hair dryer, scissors and tape measure.
- Clean the window frame to remove excess dust.
- Apply the double sided tape around the outside edge of the window. Then, remove the tape liner.
- Next, measure your window. Add an extra 2 inches to your window's dimensions to allow for film shrinking. Cut the film to size.
- Starting with the top of the window, press the film firmly onto the tape. Follow the same steps for the window sides and window bottom, until all sides of the window are sealed.
- Then, shrink the film with a hair dryer to remove any wrinkles. Cut off any excess film with scissors.
- Finally, check to make sure there is tight fit between your window and the shrink film.
Find out about all of our all of our home weatherization solutions.